Smallest, lightest ELT.
The 406 Compact ELT provides a direct connection to global Search And Rescue (SAR) services when an emergency situation occurs.
The 406 Compact will automatically activate in the event of a crash.
In addition, the pilot can manually activate it via a remote control switch in the panel.
Once activated, the 406MHz distress signal is transmitted continuously, alerting international rescue services to the emergency and your location via the global Cospas-Sarsat Search And Rescue satellite system.
Kannad 406-AF Compact
• Compact size
• 48 hour certified transmission on 406MHz (distress) and
• Low cost two wire compatibility when installed with optional control panel
• EASA minor change approval available for most common aircraft
• Optional programming dongle, perfect for fleet operators
• Quick and easy retrofit with universal mounting bracket
• Built-in alarm/buzzer
Designed for easy installation and perfect for retrofit, the 406 Compact is also compatible with a range of optional antennas to suit all aircraft types.
406 MHz AF-Compact ELT KIT
Compact ELT pack includes:
- Kannad 406 AF Compact ELT
- Universal Mounting Bracket + strap
- RC200 Remote Control Switch
- DIN-12 ELT Connector and Sub D Connector
Automatic Fixed Emergency Locator Transmitter with
• Two-frequency ELT (121.5 MHz / 406.028 MHz)
• COSPAS – SARSAT Class 2 (-20°c to +55°c)
• RTCA DO-160/EUROCAE ED14 Environmental conditions
• TSO/ETSO Approved
TSO-C126/ETSO 2C91a, 2C126
Minimum Operational duration at -20°C : over 48 hours on
121.5 MHz and 406 MHz
Controls and indicators:
ARM/OFF/ON switch, Bright red LED, Internal Buzzer,
Outside Buzzer option
Compact ELT : S1840501-01
Compact ELT pack : S1840501-02
DIN12 socket for remote control panel (RCP) and pin
programming dongle option, BNC antenna connector
Replacement Interval every years, Accessories directly
powered by ELT battery
Material: Molded plastic
Colour: Yellow (Colour compounded)
Dimensions: Installed with mounting bracket
175 x 99 x 88.4mm
(6.89 x 3.90 x 3.40 in.)
Weight including batteries: Typical 850g (1.873lb)