The G5 electronic flight instrument delivers exceptional performance, reliability and ease of installation as a drop-in replacement for primary attitude and/or directional gyros in type-certificated fixed-wing aircraft. Providing an economical upgrade path via a comprehensive approved model list (AML), the compact and cost-effective G5 is bringing modern “glass cockpit” reference to thousands of aircraft that would otherwise depend on older, vacuum-driven equipment.
Designed for installation in FAR Part 23 Class 1 and Class 2 aircraft (singles and twins weighing less than 6,000 lbs), the 3.5” G5 display fits into a standard 3-1/8” round cutout, taking up just a fraction of the space and weight previously required by conventional gyro-based instruments. It’s valid for flight under VFR and IFR conditions. And, by combining visual cues and data readouts once scattered across a myriad of instruments, G5 makes flight information easier to scan — so pilots can respond more quickly and intuitively to any inflight situation.
With supplemental type certification (STC) provided under an AML covering hundreds of certificated GA aircraft models, a G5 upgrade for your cockpit offers maximum capability and value for minimal downtime, paperwork and expense. You can select from an array of approved installation configurations incorporating single or dual G5 displays (please note the AML STC does not currently include support for autopilot interfaces). And no matter which installation you choose, you’ll be flying with the peace of mind that comes with our industry-leading Garmin warranty backed by our No. 1-ranked product support team. See your authorized Garmin installation center for more details on the G5 glass upgrade for your aircraft.
G5 Attitude Gyro for Certificated aircraft
Physical & Performance
- Electrical: 14 or 28 VDC aircraft power
- Unit size: 3.4"W x 3.6"H x 3.0"D (86.4 x 91.4 x 76.2 mm)
- Weight: 13.3 oz (377.0 g), unit
- Display size: 3.5" diagonal (88.9 mm diagonal)
- Display resolution: 320 x 240 pixels (QVGA), LED backlit color LCD
- Receiver: High-sensitivity GPS
- Maximum indicated airspeed: 300 kts
- Altitude range: -1,400 – +30,000 feet
- Vertical speed range: ± 20,000 feet/minute
- Pitch/roll range: ±360°
- Backup battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: Up to 4 hours