For aircraft operators looking to satisfy the ADS-B “Out” equipage rules as quickly and cost-effectively as possible, the Garmin GTX 335 ES transponder offers the ideal one-box, one-swap solution. It’s optionally available with a built-in WAAS GPS position source – so everything needed to meet compliance standards for a certified ADS-B “Out” solution can be provided with this simple all-in-one package installation.
Enhanced Traffic Surveillance
Using1090 MHz extended squitter ADS-B “Out” transmission, the Garmin GTX 335 improves upon the existing transponder query system while working seamlessly with existing ATC protocols. The ADS-B reports provide ground controllers with considerably faster updates than traditional radar. And by simultaneously broadcasting this information to ADS-B “In” display-equipped pilots, it enables them to essentially see the same traffic picture for their location that ATC is watching on the ground.
Leverage Your Existing Avionics
Designed to interface with a wide range of avionics, the GTX 335 enables operators to leverage their existing cockpit equipment to meet ADS-B “Out” requirements with a minimum of cost, downtime and disruption to their panels. The ES transponder’s 1090 MHz ADS-B “Out” signal meets worldwide requirements for flight at any altitude. And, as a size-conforming replacement for many existing Mode S or Mode C transponders, the GTX 335 makes it easy to plug in the NextGen capability you need to the avionics layout you already have. For even more flexibility, optional remote mount GTX versions are available for compatibility with the GTN™ 750/650 series of touchscreen GPS/Comm/Nav systems, as well as select Garmin G1000® integrated flight deck systems – all of which provide built-in remote transponder code selection and control.
GTX 335 w/GPS Kit
Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions (unit, rack, connectors); for panel mounts, depth is measured from face of instrument panel: 1.68” x 6.30” x 10.07” (42 x 160 x 256 mm)
- Display type: Digital
- Weight (unit, rack, connectors) 2.8/2.9 lbs (1.27/1.32 kg)
- Voltage range: 14/28 VDC (15/17 W Max)
- Transmit power: 200 W minimum
- Temperature: -40° C to +70° C
- Operating altitude: To 55,000 ft (16,800 m)
- Cooling input: Not required
- Environmental compliance (TSO Approved): DO-160G
- Software compliance (TSO Approved): DO-178 Levels B, C, D
- Hardware compliance (TSO Approved): DO-254 Level C; TSO compliance (Approved): "TSO-C88b (w/opt. alt. encoder); TSO-C112e (Class 1, Level 2els); TSO-C166b (Class B1S)"
- Mount type: Panel
- Transponder type: Mode A/C, S and ES
- Squawk code selection: Push-button
- Traffic Information Services (TIS) alerts compatible: Yes