- The MD93 series, part number 6420093-( ) is a digital clock / chronometer with a Dedicated Charging Port (DCP) for USB devices (specifically 2 USB charging ports) fitting into a standard 2 ¼” avionics panel cutout.
- Power is drawn from the aircraft main bus to light a white, six digit, and seven segment LED clock. The clock can display several different modes: local time, universal time, flight timer, elapsed and countdown timer functions.
- The MD93 LEDs are daylight readable and can be dimmed during reduced light conditions by external voltage stimulus. When the external voltage is not present the clock LED and annunciations are dimmed by means of an internal photocell.
- The MD93 clock has an internal battery to maintain clock and flight timer functions when the aircraft is not in use.
- The Dual USB Charging Port is designed as a DCP (Dedicated Charging Port) to industry-standard protocol per the USB Battery Charging 1.2 Compliance Plan.
- Early-generation or smaller consumer electronics typically accept one (1.0) amp during charging. However, newer electronics, such as tablets and larger devices can accept, and in some cases, require up to 3 amps to charge and operate.
- As a high power DCP, the MD93 can provide up to 2.1 amps (p/n 6420043-1) or 3 amps (p/n 6420043-2) to charge any USB device, including the higher demand products. Unlike most dual USB chargers which provide one (1.0) amp on one port and 2.1 amps on the second port, the MD93 can provide 2.1 amps (on -1 unit) or 3 amps (on -2 unit) to both ports simultaneously. With features like short circuit protection, over-current protection, low voltage shut-down and temperature monitoring, it can handle abnormal conditions safely.
MD93H Series Digital Clock/USB Charger
- Compact 2-inch size fits standard panel cutout
- Six-digit, seven-segment LED clock and USB charger
- Five modes: local time, UTC/Zulu time, flight timer, countdown timer and stopwatch
- Clock settings include 12– or 24–hour mode and seconds On or Off
- Features external lighting control and built-in photocell for automatic dimming
- More than 10-year internal battery maintains time and flight timer memory when not powered by the aircraft
- USB interface provides 3.0 amps per charging port
- Compatible with Apple and other USB devices
- Protects itself and the charging device from short circuit, power surges and over-current potential
- FAA TSO certified to C71
- EASA ETSO certified to C71
- RTCA DO-160G qualified
- Designed and built in Wichita, Kansas, USA
- 2-year limited warranty