The Flightcell DZMx and DZMx Plus provide voice and data communications and aircraft
tracking. They are powerful communication systems that use the Iridium satellite and/or terrestrial
cellular networks to provide the following:
- Voice Calling and Data
- A global phone service enabling calls to virtually any phone in the world.
- An interface to the aircraft intercom system connecting crew audio to the available phone
- Call dialling from the keypad, smart device or computer using the DZMx Connect app. A phone
directory or keypad speed dial keys are used to retrieve and call stored phone numbers.
- Calls from third parties to the aircraft via satellite or cell phone.
- Data connections to connected devices over satellite and cellular networks providing access to
the internet and emails (cellular networks only).
- Access to data via the Ether port of wirelessly via WiFi.
- Send and receive SMS text messages from satellite or cellular networks.
- Send SMS/SBD messages over the Iridium network using an Iridium web application or any
- Send DZMx library messages to another satellite phone, cell phone, or tracking service
- Compose and read SMS messages using the DZMx Connect app.
The DZMx and DZMx Plus automatically send periodic position reports to tracking service
providers. Manual positions may be configured and triggered by the user to send position reports
that mark specific events such as:
- Engine, start and stop
- Take-off and landing
- Course change
- Manual position
- Emergency (mayday)
- Automated Rescue Monitoring (A.R.M.)
- Firefighting events
- Other special purpose events